Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Reading

There are many things that I learned in this chapter! Some things such as blog and podcasts I was previously aware of, while things like RSS I was not.

With things like the best way to post a video, I was unaware. Personally I thought that YouTube.com was an ideal spot for videos. The book let me know that a more appropriate spot for videos is a blogger site such as www.blogger.com.
Another thing I learned about was ways that you can count the amount of people who look at your website. There are mulitple ways to activate a program to count your visitors. There are websites such www.statcounter.com and www.feedburner.com!
Finally another thing I learned was about what a wiki was. I previously used sites like wikipedia but was unaware of their "user friendly" ability. Wiki's can be really helpful and in actuality they can be just as useful and a regular encyclopedia due to there constant changing by users.


Have you created a website before?
No

If yes, for what purpose?


Do you regularly visit any blogs?
I do not but last semester I was using blogs which required me to read blogs in genearl.


Do you find blogs worthwhile to visit?
They are pretty worthwhile! I used to use a website called Xanga which I did not realized was a blogging site. Therefore I guess I used a blogging site often.

Were you familiar with RSS feeds prior to reading about them?
Not at all

Do you subscribe to any RSS feeds?
Again, no I was not aware of what RSS feeds were to subscribe to them!

Have you ever downloaded podcasts or vodcasts?
No I never downloaded a podcast or vodcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment